We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place for Breakfast Near National Mall

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Best Place for Breakfast Near National Mall

Going to take sunrise pictures at the National Mall in the morning and was wondering where a good place to eat breakfast near there would be.

3 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
933 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Best Place for Breakfast Near National Mall

For a more involved/fancy-ish breakfast, I like Cafe du Parc at the Willard Hotel. I believe they open at 7am. If you’re looking for more of a fast-casual experience, my favorite is Protein Bar (Penn Quarter - also a location at Farragut Sq), but it looks like the PQ one doesn’t open till 11am weekends and Farragut Sq is closed weekends (both 7am weekdays); there are also a number of Così locations scattered about that are convenient to the Mall and it looks like those open at 6:30am/8am weekends.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,234 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Best Place for Breakfast Near National Mall

The National Mall is about 2 miles long. If you are going to be at the end near the Lincoln Memorial, there are no nearby restaurants.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Best Place for Breakfast Near National Mall

It really depends on where on the National Mall you’re going to be. Towards the Capitol you’re close enough to walk to Eastern Market with lots of options, including the market itself, which is open for breakfast every day but Monday when it’s closed. Near the Art Gallery, there are Paul (at the Archives metro stop) and Teasim (8th and D). Towards the Washington Monument Old Ebbitt (open every day for breakfast, 7:30 during the week and 8:30 on weekends) and the Hamilton are not far.

Reply to: Best Place for Breakfast Near National Mall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted