We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Baltimore

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Baltimore

Does anyone know of a tour company that runs day trips to Baltimore? We're visiting from 29th June-4th July and my husband really fancied going but I can't find any information. Thanks in advance.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day Trip to Baltimore

Kasaka...thanks for that tip. That might just make it onto our Baltimore day.

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Day Trip to Baltimore

Daisiegee,

The MARC train is a good option for Baltimore, but be sure to note the times for return trains. Train service in the US is just a shadow of what you find in England.

You're leaving the nation's capital on the 4th of July? I would think about staying one more evening so you can watch the festivities on the Mall all day and the fireworks display that will follow.

Also wouldn't have you a good time walking around DC that day and, using your English accents of course, asking everyone "What's all the celebration about?" I think people would laugh and buy you a beer.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Day Trip to Baltimore

Jack1066. We are moving onto New Orleans on the 4th. When we booked the trip, we had 3 destinations to sort out and to be honest didn't realise where we were on what dates. Only when we got the first lot of paperwork back did I think that going one day later would have made a big difference. That'll teach us! And British trains aren't all they're cracked up to be believe me...

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
264 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Day Trip to Baltimore

If you are staying in the DC metro area, then Baltimore is only about 45 mintues drive if you have a car. I would say find where you would like to go and take the day, drive up and visit, and to end the day take in an Orioles baseball game!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Day Trip to Baltimore

DCDC...that would be something we'd love to do. I like catching a game whenever I can, and have only seen the Orioles play the Yankees at Yankee Stadium..they did however win that time!