We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: ride choices in D.C.

Mankato, Minnesota
1 post
Re: ride choices in D.C.

I am in a conference and sight-seeing in D.C. late January, motel just south of the mall. Which of the three services is the best fit/

9 replies to this topic
DC
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1 review
1. Re: Re: ride choices in D.C.

The second one.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,737 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Re: ride choices in D.C.

I think you'll want to specify the three services you're thinking of. And seeing as you're staying so close to the Mall, the Circulator bus is a great choice for sightseeing for just $1/ride, and Metro subway would also work for most visitors.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,636 posts
659 reviews
3. Re: Re: ride choices in D.C.

Metro if it is one of the choices.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
276 reviews
4. Re: Re: ride choices in D.C.

I cannot tell what options for are looking for or what the options are. But assuming you are looking to site see on the mall, The circulator gives more of a door to door experience between museums and monuments if you do not like longer walks.The metro stop closest to the action is Smithsonian but it’s quite a walk from there to some museums and monument ( one mile)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,686 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: Re: ride choices in D.C.

Orange line.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
1 review
6. Re: Re: ride choices in D.C.

I doubt that it's a motel

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
64 reviews
7. Re: Re: ride choices in D.C.

There aren't any motels in DC just south of the Mall. There are only 4 hotels I know of in that area: The Mandarin Oriental, the Holiday Inn Capitol, Hyatt Place and Residence Inn, both closer to the freeway. If it's the Holiday Inn, that's good as it's the most convenient. If you are in a motel, you might say which it is, as you may have been misled to its location, as I think it would have to be across the river to the southeast, such as Suitland or Congress Heights?. that could affect your choices. There are some motels over there.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,686 posts
48 reviews
8. Re: Re: ride choices in D.C.

Or the OP is just one of those people of a certain age who refer to motels and hotels interchangeably. I know several of them.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,636 posts
659 reviews
9. Re: Re: ride choices in D.C.

"certain age who refer to motels and hotels interchangeably"

What do you think of this description?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28926…

Reply to: Re: ride choices in D.C.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted