We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do

Need suggestions on things to do in Washington DC! Will be there for a couple of days and it’s going to be a group of 7 people!

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,381 Reviews
from $13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from $150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from $18.20*
$24.26
8 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,176 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do

You will not have a problem finding things to do. After all, you had some reason to visit.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do

I’m staying in Washington DC because I am graduating college in college park, MD. it’s not a vacation. We will just be there for 2 days.. I was just trying to get some suggestions on what to do with a group that large. That’s all.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,236 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do

TripAdvisor has a good list.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g289…

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do

You are American, yes? I am sure you know enough things to do without us telling you. I guess you want us to say, go see the Capitol, walk by the White House, go to a Smithsonian Museum, go see the monuments?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do

YOu don't mention when, but it seems to me most people like the Newseum. I've seen family groups in there, there are a lot of different exhibits and exhibits combined with films, so something for everyone. The only issue is that it is expensive (about $20 a day or something, you can get some discounts with AAA or senior, I think). Otherwise, probably the American History Museum has a bit for everyone, also, and it's free.

You may want to see some monuments, depends if your crowd is interested in that or not. I'm not big on buildings like that, but a lot of people are and they are free, also. That would probalby be good for a group, maybe do circulator bus for that.

I've also visited the Archives with a family group of about 6, and everyone loved that. It is a great introductory film and you can see some historic documents you will never see anywhere else. It's free, also.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,116 posts
3,231 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do

Memorize the Metro Map prior to your visit

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,236 posts