We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great seafood restaurants, not real fancy, night life?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Great seafood restaurants, not real fancy, night life?

Pretty much know what we want to see during the day time...but, what about evenings? Love seafood, karoke (sp), piano bars, friendly bars where locals hang out. Live shows? Comedy clubs? What do you suggest?

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
455 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great seafood restaurants, not real fancy, night life?

Adams Morgan has some bars that locals hang out. Toledo Lounge and Madam's Organ (with music everynight). If you really want a local bar, try the Raven on Mt Pleasant road. Not for the faint at heart and not an area you want to be traveling alone late at night, but it is a cool dive bar with professional drinkers and talkers.

U St. between 17th and 14th has alot of nightlife as well. Just walk along until you see something you like. Don't go too far past 14th if you aren't city savvy. It is fine, but some may not think so.

My favorite bar is in a restaurant called Cashions in Adams Morgan (18th and Columbia Road). Scott (native american), if he is working, is a really nice bartendar.

Seafood.

M & S Grill is a cheaper version of McCormick and Schmick's. I think it is on 12th and F. The real restaurant is on 9th and F.

Oceanair is nice but pricey, it is right around the corner on F.

Old Ebbit Grill is always packed, but they have a fantastic raw bar and tons of seafood, also a bit spendy.

Johnny's Half Shell in Dupont (P and 20th) is a nice little spot. $8 wine $20 entrees.

I absolutely love DC Coast. Worth the money if you want to treat yourself. 14th and K.

Sushi Ko is on 17th and P St and is one of the best sushi spots in town

Kaz is another great sushi joint. I think it is on I st around 22.

Sushi happy hour is at the Singapore Bistro on 19th between L and M has $1 sushi from 5-7.

California
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great seafood restaurants, not real fancy, night life?

fakename.........

thanks soooooooo much for you suggestions! Have printed them out and we will check 'em out. Must go check the map and see how far we are from these places.

AGAIN........

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any other suggestions will be greatley appreciated.