We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus tour company?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bus tour company?

I know that Washington DC is walkable city. Unless you are bringing your 81 year old mother. She can get around well but not all the walking it would require. I am in need of a good narrated bus tour company that will take us all around the sights and then stop at some so we could get out and look around for a bit. Would love it if Arlington National Cemetery was included. Full day tour would be great so we could see many of the sights. We don't need a private tour.

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Arlington National Cemetery
Arlington National...
8,545 Reviews
Arlington, VA
3 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,747 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus tour company?

I think Old Town Trolleys would be your best bet. Unlike many, if not most, Hop On/hop off tours, Okd Town Trolleys offers a live narration and not a pre-recorded spiel. Also, Old Town Trolleys include the bus tour of Arlington National Cemetery on their tours because they are the company that owns the buses that operate in the cemetery. If you go with another HO/HO company for your DC city tour, you will have to buy the Arlington Cemetery tour separately.

My advice, however, is to stay on the bus for the city portion of your tour for the entire loop before you get off to see anything. Once you get off, there can be a lengthy wait for another bus. (This is not a problem, however, in the cemetery.) The 2nd go-round is the time to get on-and-off.

Mentioned in this post
Arlington National Cemetery
Arlington National...
8,545 Reviews
Arlington, VA
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus tour company?

Thank You! This is perfect!

Springfield
Level Contributor
344 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus tour company?

Arlington Cemetery requires a lot of walking. Acres.

Further, once inside the museums, there is also a vast amount of walking. These museums are huge. However, there are many benches and chairs to sit and rest and bathrooms at every level of the museums.

If Mom has a walker or in a wheelchair, people and tourists alike are very kind and accommodating. They will let her through first, in general. We also have special access facilities for the handicapped.

Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Arlington
Arlington
Virginia
Reply to: Bus tour company?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted