We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best safe and cheap hotel

Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Best safe and cheap hotel

My girlfriend and I need to find a hotel in DC for 3 nights in late march. We are after something at around $100 a night, in a safe area, and close to the sights. We are concerned about safety - we don't want to stay in a cheap hotel in a bad part of town. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best safe and cheap hotel

Have you ever used Hotwire or Priceline? They are a website that provides unsold hotel rooms at low rates - but they don't reveal the name of the hotel until after you've booked and there are no cancellations. If you give me your dates of stay in March, I can possibly help identify hotels for you on Hotwire - they list area of the city/star rating/amentities for each hotel. With Priceline, you can choose the star rating and location. Let me know if you need help.

Suzanne

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best safe and cheap hotel

Finding a hotel that meets your qualifications with that price range during that time of year (Cherry Blossom Festival season), you might be looking at a youth hostel. Otherwise, what are you willing to trade off? Price? Convenience? Safety?

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
356 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best safe and cheap hotel

late march/early Apr....tough time of year in ole DC, Brother.

Even the Red Roof inn will run you $200 a night plus...

I'd suggest Hotwire and pick the area you want to be and go with it or find somerhing on the metro and travel into DC each day.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
559 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best safe and cheap hotel

I would recommend staying in Arlington and just taking the Metro in to the city (anywhere from a 5 to 20 minute metro ride)

If you want specific hotels, e-mail me at stlfan22@email.com

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best safe and cheap hotel

jzstldc:

Why do you want the poster to email you? I'm just curious because if you have some hints on hotels that might be available in March for $100/night, I think we'd all like to hear about them!

Paul31:

I'd recommend looking into the Americana Motel in Crystal City (Arlington, VA), the Harrington Hotel in downtown DC or a bed and breakfast. Check the list on TripAdvisor, but I'd recommend starting with the following because they are in decent neighborhoods, not too far from the sights (you'll likely have to metro, though) and near some nightlife options:

Woodley Park Guest House, Kalorama Guest House, Meridian Manor B&B, Chester Arthur B&B and William Lewis House.

Good luck!

nyc
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best safe and cheap hotel

harrington hotel cheap & walk to all

7. Re: Best safe and cheap hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, August 21, 2009