We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with parking near metro for family?

Brooklyn baby
Level Contributor
347 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with parking near metro for family?

Considering driving down from NYC - so need to park the car while we metro around downtown -- I'm assuming that driving around DC is unwise .. Can you suggest a good hotel suitable for a family of 4?

Thanks!

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,381 Reviews
from $13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from $150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from $18.20*
$24.26
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,872 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with parking near metro for family?

There are LOTS of hotels in D.C. that would meet your criteria--"suitable for a family of four", "parking available" and "close to Metro". However, if you want some concrete recommendations, you need to give some more info. Please read the following: "Before you Post a Hotel Request"

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k564802…

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with parking near metro for family?

Concur, you need to do some more thinking and be more specific in your post. A hotel suitable for a family of family of 4 depends, of course, on the family. Critical info you don't state: what's your budget? How near to a Metro station do you expect to be? Where do you plan on going (e.g., just areas served by Metro rail?). I'd say most hotels will have parking, but if you mean free parking, that's going to be very, very tough to find. Some people park at private lots to avoid the high costs at hotels. I did live in the area and have been back for visits. Parking and room costs were a big factor in our staying in places like Arlington, accessible to Metro. Parking costs at places we stayed at ranged from $8-$20. You may actually want to drive to places like Mt. Vernon and Annapolis, but we don't know where you'll go.

For info on Metro, including rail and bus (includes maps), see www.wmata.com

3. Re: Hotel with parking near metro for family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 27, 2014