We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seatac. Hotel

newark ohio
Level Contributor
641 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Seatac. Hotel

We have a 6 am flight to Seatac and I am looking for a clean, cheap hotel with reliable shuttle service to Seatac. What time do we need to get to the airport? We plan on turning our car in the night before to quicken our departure. Our flight is July 26 which is a Saturady if that makes a difference with traffic.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,336 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seatac. Hotel

I'm guessing that you have a 6 AM departure from Seatac airport? What's your price range for a hotel? Saturdays are busy travel days, so it's hard to predict wait times at security. Will you have checked luggage? If so, then I'd look to see when the airline's check-in counter opens. If you only have carry on, then I'd opt for on line check-in and head straight to security.

Most airlines have recommended check-in times as well as baggage cut-off times which vary from airport to airport.

Edited: 8:58 am, May 09, 2014
Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seatac. Hotel

When I need a hotel at SEATAC, I go to the Marriott Courtyard. I recommend it. While it is not super cheap, it is always fairly priced. You may want to call them to ask about how early their shuttle service starts. Last time I stayed there, I had a rental car.

SEATAC is busy. If it were me, I would arrive at 4:30 am for a 6 a.m. flight to be on the safe side. Don't think the airport will be empty just because it is really early.

newark ohio
Level Contributor
641 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seatac. Hotel

Just the info I was looking for! I thought maybe there would less traffic as there are less outgoing flights on Saturday vs Friday. I also thought work traffic would be better. We will have checked bags and I don't know if Seatac allows curbside check in but that does help quicken the possess. Thanks

Edited: 9:57 am, May 09, 2014
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,995 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seatac. Hotel

very sorry to disagree but the Seatac Marriott Courtyard is in Tukwila not super close to the airport. While they run a shuttle its already an early morning. Look on Hotwire and price out a room. Look for a 3star or higher. Some of the

'cheap' hotels I would be scared of. I know of no hotels that don't offer a shuttle but in Hotwire you can put that in as a search criteria During cruise season the airport can get really busy but for early flights you should be fine.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,336 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seatac. Hotel

What airline are you flying?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seatac. Hotel

Curbside checking at Seatac depends on the airline. I usually stay at Seatac when I'm in Seattle because it's easier. You might want to consider returning the car the night before you leave. You can then shuttle to the hotel and back. Most of the Seatac hotels have shuttles. My favorite hotel in that area is Cedarbrook Lodge but it's not inexpensive. The Hilton is right across the street from light rail.

Washington
Level Contributor
501 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seatac. Hotel

Doubletree SeaTac. Right across from the airport with shuttle service.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seatac. Hotel

"Cheap" is a subjective term, not a number, and can mean different things to different people. You don't define cheap, so will get suggestions all over the map (budget-wise). Our favorite in the area is the Hilton, even closer to the entrance than the Doubletree, and often about the same price, but I wouldn't describe either as cheap .I haven't yet found a Courtyard by Marriott that is, either. There are two Hampton Inns with shuttle service. Holiday Inn, almost next to the Hilton, is one of the less expensive hotels in the area I've investigated, but reviews aren't great. What you need to say is what your budget limit is and what you're willing to accept in order to get that price. As in most places, rates can be considerably lower on weekends than during the week. And are higher in the summer.

Most shuttles will drop you off in the parking structure across from the terminal. You then take an elevator up one level, cross on a pedestrian bridge, and maybe descent (or go up??) to your check-in counter. In such a case, curbside check-in may be no benefit. If you ask your hotel an hour or two in advance, they can often call the airport authority and get permission to droop you at the curb in front of the terminal (we've done that when we've had lots of bags).

Edited: 2:14 pm, May 10, 2014
Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,018 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seatac. Hotel

We've stayed at SleepInn a few times and been happy. Very reasonable rates, free shuttle. Didn't care for the 3:30 a.m. wakeup though!

10. Re: Seatac. Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 12, 2015