We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip for Summer 2014

Which Washington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip for Summer 2014

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Seattle/Vancouver area. Thinking of spending 2 days in Seattle, 2 days in Vancouver and three days in between in either the Whidbey Island area or San Juan Island area. We would like to be able to kayak and explore. Looking for any suggestions on where to go and where to stay when we go there.

Thanks!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip for Summer 2014

Here is a possible route map: http://tinyurl.com/ny7n378

But, if you have chosen to skip Victoria and the Olympic Peninsula, delete from the map Vancouver Island, Port Angeles and Port Townsend.

Edited: 4:09 pm, August 31, 2013
Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip for Summer 2014

My choice, given your comments, would be San Juan Island, but I'm a big fan of Whidbey, as well. Different feel of each.

Whidbey Island is a great day or more getaway. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g58824-s2/Whidbey-Isl…

San Juan Islands We prefer San Juan Island, others, Orcas. For your limited time, SJI. This article provides specific information on what to see and to do on the major islands, with key websites. Best seen by basing on one and visiting the others as day trips. Recommend at least two nights. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g58727-c102104/San-Ju…

Edited: 4:30 pm, August 31, 2013
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
7,610 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip for Summer 2014

As much as I Ike Whidbey, the San Juan's are truly unique and some of the best kayaking anywhere! I am a kayaker. I have spent more time on Orcas, which is lovely and has some nice hiking. My last visit to the Islands in July was on San Juan. I sure like Friday Harbor and whether viewing wildlife or kayaking, the Westside of San Juan Island is pretty amazing. I agree with Voyaging, you cannot go wrong either way. Not sure when you are visiting, but I would try and add on a couple of days and visit a little of our forest and mountain areas. If you like wilderness, we have three pretty remarkable National Parks.

4. Re: Planning a trip for Summer 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 02, 2014