We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

Hi there, I could use your help. I'm putting together a small company conference for June of this year. The last one was held in Cannon Beach, and that worked well for a number of reasons.

-Where we stayed had different types of rooms. So we were able to get a 2-bedroom condo type suite for the meetings to be held in (again, it's a small group...probably 12) but then get individual rooms for each attendee to stay in with their significant other.

-Accommodations were walkable to "town." So while the attendee was meeting, the significant other had options of things to do.

-The town was big enough to have choices. We weren't stuck in the hotel for all meals, we could walk to a little shop for breakfast and have dinner at various establishments (private banquet rooms etc.) Also, the last dinner was special, in that it wasn't just a sit down dinner. Doesn't have to be entertainment, but just something out of the ordinary (dinner at a winery?).

The first town that jumped to mind was Chelan, with accommodations at Campbell's. But I'm looking for other options to consider too.

Help?!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

I think Chelan is a good choice, you should try the lady of the Lake to Stehekin for sig others, or get there early and do that.

Leavenworth and Winthrop also possibles

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

travelingurl, Lake Chelan can be fun what with the wineries all around and the fact that it is for the most part a resort town, trendy.

Try www.visitlakechelan.com

www.cometothelake.com

Check the reviews of the Campbell house to see what you think if you still have questions about it ask and I'll check with my relatives that live there to see what they think.

Collie

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

So it turns out that Campbell's is completely booked for the weekend we were planning. Can anyone recommend any other of the hotels in the immediate vicinity? View of lake is good as is walking distance to Chelan's main drag.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

travelingurl, I'm checking on it for you got a call into my relativs and waiting for the call back. If anyone would know the best places it would be them they've been in business there for years.

Collie

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

Thanks so much, Collie! You're a huge help as my last trip to Chelan was many moons ago. I am sure I won't recognize the place.

The group consists of some who have a pretty high threshold as far as comfort goes. I'd say that price is less expensive than cleanliness and comfort of the accommodations.

Edited: 8:03 pm, February 22, 2011
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

Good to know. When they get home they'll call and I'll pick their brains.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

Grr...that should have been a LOW threshold for comfort. Price is less IMPORTANT than cleanliness and comfort. Sorry about any confusion.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

No problem that's the way I took it to mean.

I always stay with then when I go visit so hotels are not familiar to me.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,255 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

Just a couple of thoughts about places popped into my head -

Leavenworth - not everybody's cup of tea (definitely not mine) but many people love it. You might inquire at the Sleeping Lady - http://www.sleepinglady.com/ - for upmarket lodgings in a marvelous setting.

Walla Walla - charming town with a lot of variety.

Coeur d'Alene - beautiful place, easily accessed through Spokane. Tons of accommodations in all ranges.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Cannon Beach of Eastern Washington?

Okay here's one for you to look into. My sister is still not back but I'll get more from her as soon as she does. This came from another of my relatives there.

Best Western Lake Side Lodge and suites

www.lakesidelodgeandsuites.com

1-800-468-2781