We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

Seattle
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

We're looking at several families going this year together and looking to save any way we can. Theres a box on their reservation website for promo codes, but not sure if they've issued any yet since they're just opening.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

And the URL is??? Never mind, I'll Google...

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

I'm unsure why you ask TA. There's a phone number prominently displayed on their website.

Seattle
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

It looks like a fun place! Can't wait to hear reviews. The only promo code available through their website is GRAND, which is good through June 2008.

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

Just an FYI - I was in the area a month ago and they are still heavily into contruction - they say they'll be taking reservations with May and afer dates but looks to me like you'll still be staying in a construction zone.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,239 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

I just saw their tv ad but didn't pay too much attention. I'm sure they will ahve some grand opening deals. Why not just call them?

NW
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

Their promo is GRAND, but you don't need it. They already figured the prices in. The posted prices are the cheapest you can get. If you are coming from out of the area and need a hotel anyway, it is a good deal. If you are close and really dont need a hotel, but have to pay the same rate because you have to stay there, it is very expensive. The prices vary a lot depending on the date or dates. Go to the website and they have month by month calendars that have the prices already figured.

The contruction zone will be cleaned up by opening day on the 18th. They are just about finished cleaning up now. They have a test group going in the 13th and need to be ready for them. It is a nice facility. The waterpark, restuarants, kid's arcade, kids room etc are all on the 2nd floor together.

This is the only Great Wolf Lodge west of Texas and remeber it is brand new. It will probably have to have some bugs worked out. Instead of trying to go in the opening week, you may be better served waiting a few weeks to have them work everything out.

It is next to the freeway. I don't know if you will be able to hear the freeway noise when you are sleeping, but I did not hear it when I was on the 2nd floor touring. It is very easy to find and only 3 to 5 minutes from the freeway off ramp depending on traffic.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

The promo code for locals to use to get a family suite for $169 (the room holds up to 6 people, but there's an additional $30pp charge for the 5th and 6th person) is LOCAL. A pass to the waterpark is included for each person.

Seattle
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

For that LOCAL promotion, are there any restrictions in terms of who can use it? Do you have to live within "X" number of miles of the resort or something?

Whidbey Island,WA
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

Our family would like to go early April, and was looking any coupon codes, anyway to get a discount. Any idea please let me know.

KitsapCounty
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA - Any Promo Codes Yet?

My family and I stayed 2 nights at the lodge this week during Spring Break. There are a lot of issues that need to be addresses by the lodge. At this point, I think it is overpriced due to all of the problems I experienced. Here is the letter I am sending to the lodge that may be of interest to you.....

April 6, 2008

Great Wolf Lodge Management,

I booked a stay at the Great Wolf Lodge located in Grand Mound Washington April 1st – 3rd for an exciting Spring Break vacation with 4 kids.

The water park was a big hit with the family; however, I was disappointed with the lodge due to the following issues:

1) When we checked in April 1st, I was asked to present the bank debit card and ID that I used for the advanced deposit of $361.90 at time of the reservation. This was fine. Once that info was verified, I gave the lady checking us in my Chase credit card and requested that the remainder of the bill for our stay be charged to that card. This was to include the second night stay reserved in a family suite at the lodge, the iCare amounts placed on the 4 kids bracelets, and anything else I charged with my wristband during the our vacation at the Great Wolf Lodge. The problem occurred as follows:

1. It was never explained to me that the amounts placed on the kids bracelets would be charged in full at that time & that I would need to stop by the check-in desk before we left to have their bracelets scanned to credit back unspent amounts. What I was told, is that the bracelets gave the kids a spending limit for the amount I set and once the limits were reached no more charging could occur.

2. On the morning of check-out, a bill was placed on the door of our room. The bill said that I agree charges are true and correct and must dispute charges within five days of departure. I reviewed the bill and all looked okay except for the blanket iCare charges which I called the front desk to question. The problem occurred when I got home April 4th and checked my bank account balance. The $704.02 charged for the 2nd night stay and our additional charges at the lodge had been billed to my checking account instead of the Chase card as requested upon check-in. This leads me to the problem with the list of charges provided to customer’s of the lodge on the last day of their stay. The phone number on the invoice is for reservations; this meant I had to call that number and wait on hold for 15 minutes to be given the direct number for the lodge. Then, when I called the lodge I was bounced to a few different people before the issue was resolved, which was approximately another 20 – 30 minutes of my time. I suggest that the following changes be incorporated onto the invoice: #1 Direct number to the lodge that customer’s are to contact if there is a billing discrepancy & #2 the last 4 digits of the account charged the balance of bill incurred at the lodge. I had no way of knowing what account the charges had been billed to by looking at the invoice.

2) In paying over $300 a night to stay at the lodge, I find it unacceptable that we had no cleaning service. The towels in the room had been used 2 -3 times each the first day of the stay because we had so many people in our room. Each time we went to the water park we went back to the room and rinsed the chlorine off our bodies; therefore reusing the towels many times. The afternoon of day 2, I had to stop a maid in the hall to hand her our dirty towels and request more. She said that they had been instructed not to clean the occupied rooms that day, which is why we were not provided clean towels. Even the best Western or Quality Inn provides that service to its customers…. In addition, I had to call maintenance to the room because the white cover located to the right of the closet was not fastened to the wall on one side. It was hanging cockeyed and partially open. Luckily the kids with me were not curious toddlers….

3) Parking at the lodge was horrendous. It seemed as if way more rooms were booked, than there was parking spots available. We had to park in the dirt lot behind section 4, where we picked up a nail in our tire, which had to be fixed at WalMart that afternoon.

4) Waiting 4 or more minutes for an elevator was common practice. Customers of the lodge were flocking to the stairs because the elevators were so darn slow.

5) Because the lodge has only been open a few weeks, wires hanging out of the walls and worker on ladders in the hallways was not surprising. What was surprising is the boss chewing out his two workers as we got off the elevator on the 4th floor (day 1) and the worker on floor 4 who needed a wet rag to wipe up whatever he was doing in the ceiling tiles that declared to his fellow coworker that he wasn’t going to look for water, he was just going to spit on the rag to clean it (day 2). Tacky…very tacky!

6) The Arcade had one coin machine that uses the wrist band to charge $5 & then dispense 20 arcade coins. Problem….the machine “literally” worked 50% of he time and took 2-3 minutes before it timed out and would let you try again. This created quite back-up at the Arcade for coins. The customer’s of your lodge found the machine to be very frustrating because it was so time consuming and extremely faulty.

7) Another unacceptable problem that has to do with hygiene is that the ladies bathrooms in the water park did not have any toilet seat covers. There were not even empty boxes in the dispenser so I assume that none have been provided for customers of the lodge since it opened. One gal said that she keeps telling herself that whatever her 2 little girls pick up from the seats will be killed off by the chlorine in the pool. That is sad and highly unsanitary.

8) The dinner buffet consisted of poor quality food at an outrageous price. We spent $90.12 at the Loose Moose for dinner on day 1 and were very disappointed. My son who loves seafood at one clam and one muscle and was disgusted by the taste. He ended up eating gummy bears for dinner…. The two teenagers who love pizza ate a partial piece and said it was gross. The dessert area literally looked as if it had been picked over by birds. There were partial cake pieces all over in the pan and only 2 – 3 whole pieces available in the large tin pans. The prime rib was very overcooked & dry, the soups were unmarked, and the server in charge of providing & refilling drinks was extremely slow. All of us left disappointed and still hungry. McDonald’s (which I dislike) would have been more satisfying than the food provided at the over priced buffet. Someone needs to take a serious look at the food quality provided at the buffet.

9) Another area of disappointment for the kids was that the Howling Tornado wait time was 45 minutes….. I am not sure anything can be done about that issue….

I used the “contact “email cited on the Great Wolf website on Aril 4th to ask if it was the correct venue for commenting about my families stay at the lodge. As of tonight, April 6th, I have not received a response. I have found that the lodge is not very receptive to customer comments. The lodge did not have feedback forms available in the rooms or anywhere in the lodge from what I could tell and that option also does not appear to be available on the companies’ website.

I hope that this letter reaches someone that will take into consideration and act upon some of the problems the lodge is having. I paid premium dollar expecting a top notch spring vacation with my kids. Unfortunately that did not occur….