We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Williamsburg: Family, two boys 4 & 8

2 posts
Save Topic
Staying in Williamsburg: Family, two boys 4 & 8

First week in July we are staying in the best state to be. But, we really don't know what to do. Planning on the usual suspects; Busch Gardens, Water Country, and I saw the Natural Bridge, Virginia Zoo but we want more to have a continuous good time. Any help we would be grateful from experienced Virginians or past visitors. Also, what would be the best place for fireworks? We are from NYC and we love fireworks.

I work too hard to just stay home on vacation!!!! Lol thanks everyone.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Williamsburg: Family, two boys 4 & 8

Any interest in history? Your boys would probably enjoy Jamestown Settlement, with the three ships, Powhatan Indian village, and the fort. Maybe a day or two at Colonial Williamsburg?

Maybe a day trip to Virginia Beach? Or a visit to the Virginia Living Museum in Newport News? Mini-golf? Shopping? Trip to Yorktown for the Riverwalk and Yorktown Victory Center? Take the ferry from Jamestown to Scotland?

A lot to do. Check out the tourist information centers in the Colonial Williamsburg Visitors Center or the Greater Williamsburg Tourist Information Center in the Village Shops at Kingsmill. Also check out the Top Questions in the Williamsburg forum.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Williamsburg: Family, two boys 4 & 8

We have been to Virginia beach but had to run out because my eldest was stung by jelly fish and had a bad reaction to it. I was sort of looking for some insider info like try this but don't do this. I been to the site and they are obviously going to try and sell you everything, it seems a bit overwhelming.

Ruckersville...
Level Contributor
479 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Williamsburg: Family, two boys 4 & 8

Zoey has given you some good advice. A couple of other places to consider at Virginia Beach are, Ocean Breeze Water Park. ( no Jelly Fish) and the Military Aviation Museum in Pungo.(specalizes in WWI & WWII Aircraft that still fly) Visit the Fort Monroe National Monument in Hampton, Take te Miss Hampton II tourboat to visit Fort Wool and see the Norfolk Naval Base. The Mariners Museum in Newport News is restoring the remains of the Monitor The Army Transportation Museum at Fort Eustis is also interesting. Just a few tips of where we visited over the years.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Williamsburg: Family, two boys 4 & 8

The role of the Destination Expert is not to tell tourists what to do or not do or how to spend their money. The DE tries to provide information and suggestions to help travelers make a more informed decision as they make their own travel plans.

5. Re: Staying in Williamsburg: Family, two boys 4 & 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 29, 2014