We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What part of the Blue Ridge Parkway is a must?

Ile-de-France...
Level Contributor
887 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
What part of the Blue Ridge Parkway is a must?

We'll be driving this summer from Washington to Great Smoky Montains.

In two days, we want to drive from Washington, throught Frederickburg, Richmont, Peterburg, then connect the BRP somewhere close to Roanoke.

So we won't have enough time to drive the entire BRP. So I plan to drive part of the parkway an part of the highway along.

We are not found of hike. Just stop on the nice places for a walk and there drive again!

What are, in your opinions, the parts we must drive on the BRP and the parts we can go by highway?

Thank you so much

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What part of the Blue Ridge Parkway is a must?

The entire Parkway is quite wonderful. I especially like the area around the Peaks of Otter, milepost 86. A nice drive is from milepost 0 at Waynesboro (exit from I64) to the Peaks of Otter. Any of the areas in NC Blowing Rock, Asheville, Mt. Pisgah would make a nice scenic drive.

Here is a link to a BRP map:

nature-talk.com/locations/…blue-ridge-map.pdf

Ile-de-France...
Level Contributor
887 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What part of the Blue Ridge Parkway is a must?

Thank you. That will help me to choose our spots.

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What part of the Blue Ridge Parkway is a must?

This monument in Bedford, Virginia may also interest you as a Frenchman http://www.dday.org . Bon voyage, mes amis.

4. Re: What part of the Blue Ridge Parkway is a must?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, May 19, 2013