We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Isle State Park

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Isle State Park

Just wanted to post a little "rave" about our weekend camping at Grand Isle State Park.

It's a beautiful park right on Lake Champlain. We reserved a campsite on the southern end of the campground which was great, although a bit of a walk to the beach. We really like campsites 110 & 112.

The beach area is really nice. A grassy area, and then a shale beach. Be sure to wear water shoes due to all the shale. The water temp was beautiful. They also have a boat ramp if you have a boat to bring.

Staff was friendly and if you find that you need to go to a store to get anything you forgot, it's a 5 minute drive to Keeler Bay to get supplies.

We will definately return.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Isle State Park

That place is a gem. I've kayaked up to it many times.

The Champlain Islands are amazing.

conn
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Isle State Park

one of my favorite parks in Vt . I feel the beach is nicer at Sand Bar SP down the road but very shollow water.

3. Re: Grand Isle State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 12, 2009