We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern New England Road Trip

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Northern New England Road Trip

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I are planning to do a road trip in northern New England in mid August. We live in Cincinnati and will be driving from there. We have basically 7-8 days. We would like to spend some time in Vermont, the White Mountains in New Hampshire, and Maine. We enjoy scenic views, easier hiking, breweries, good food, antiques, exploring unique small towns, etc. We would like to have a mixture of staying in B&B and possibly a more secluded cabin. Where would you suggest staying as a home base with the ability to take day trips? Would you stay a few nights in each state? Any suggestions are very welcomed!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern New England Road Trip

That is a lot of ground to cover if your time includes travel to/from home. So I suggest a couple of nites in Jackson /north Conway area and same around Stowe. Can't go wrong with these 2 most popular towns or you can do some research about other areas of interest. You don't have time for 3 states.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern New England Road Trip

Yea, the more we think about it we may have to cut out Maine due to timing!

3. Re: Northern New England Road Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 16, 2015