We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albany to Woodstock scenic route?

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
111 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Albany to Woodstock scenic route?

We're flying in to Albany in Sept and driving to Woodstock... Mapquest says to take 87 North and then various roads East... is that a good route or should I take 279 over to Bennington and then take 7 North to Rutland and go east to Woodstock? Thanks for any advice...

--Kevin in Indy

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albany to Woodstock scenic route?

Are you pressed for time to get to Stowe? I'll give you a route, but it's the long way...

From Albany Airport get on 87 north to Route 7 east. I believe the sign says Troy/Bennington. Follow Route 7 east toward Vermont. Don't take 279 when you come to it. Continue on 7 east which will change to Route 9 east in Vermont. Follow 9 east through Bennington to Wilmington, VT. In Wilmington, take Route 100 north . Follow Route 100 north to Route 4. Take Route 4 east to Woodstock.

The most direct route would be to take 87 north to Glens Falls. Take the exit for Route 149 east. Follow 149 east to Route 7 east. Follow Route 4 east into Vermont, and stay on it to Woodstock.

Have fun!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albany to Woodstock scenic route?

oops...typo in my first sentence. I meant Woodstock.

3. Re: Albany to Woodstock scenic route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, August 16, 2009