We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day trip to Vermont - Aug 11th, 2013

Manchester...
4 posts
Save Topic
One Day trip to Vermont - Aug 11th, 2013

Hey,

I have one day and I stay in Manchester, CT. I'm new to this side of the country and I gotta know that Vermont is very beautiful and a must visit. Need advice on what I can cover in a day. As mentioned in my subject line, I'm planning on Aug 11, 2013.

Thanks a lot.

LuckyN

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day trip to Vermont - Aug 11th, 2013

If you are staying in Machester, CT, which is near Hartford, you could drive north on I-91 and be to the southern border of Vermont in a little over an hour. As for what you do, I guess it depends on what types of things you're interested in. Hike, shop, restaurants?

Manchester...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day trip to Vermont - Aug 11th, 2013

I'm not a sporty kind of a person. I'd rather prefer to visit some scenic places, restaurants, amusements parks, etc.

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day trip to Vermont - Aug 11th, 2013

You probably want to head for Brattleboro, given it's a straight shot up I-91 from where you will be in Connecticut. It's a nice little town where you could spend an hour or so, and grab some lunch, check out a few shops. From there, I'm not sure. Route 9 towards Bennington is a very scenic drive, but it's kind of going in the wrong direction if you have to get back to CT that evening. I guess you could go all the way over to Bennington, then drive south on Route 7 to I-90 and take that back to I-91. That would be quite a bit of driving but it would take you through a nice scenic section of Vermont.

Manchester...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day trip to Vermont - Aug 11th, 2013

Okay, Thanks so much. And how about WoodStock? And Burlington? I heard they are pretty good places to visit in Vermont, but like I said, I don't know in what sense they are good. I'm good if there any boat rides or beaches or river side...

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day trip to Vermont - Aug 11th, 2013

I am sure you would love Burlington. Yes, there are multiple ways to get on the lake, we have some great sandy beaches, the downtown is very lively with often live music, tons of people, great shops and restaurants. However, in my view it's way too far to come for a daytrip from CT. I think it's at least 4 hours one-way, so that's 8 hours of driving. Doesn't seem doable. Guess you'll just have to book a room and spend the night!

Woodstock is a picturesque small Vermont town. It's nice. I'm not sure a daytrip there offers much more than some other small towns down in Southern Vermont. It is probably another hour+ beyond Brattleboro.

Manchester...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day trip to Vermont - Aug 11th, 2013

Thanks so much :)

I will see what I can do and cover the best places possible in the one day I have :)

7. Re: One Day trip to Vermont - Aug 11th, 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 24, 2014