We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on 3 days between Brattleboro and Burlington in June

sgj
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
153 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on 3 days between Brattleboro and Burlington in June

It will be our 20th wedding anniversary, and we have 3 nights free to play between book ended visits with friends and family in the 2 towns. We will rent a car, and are ok with driving up to 3-4 hours daily if its a scenic route. We enjoy hiking, fly fishing, biking, dining well and eclectically, small scale shopping, bookstores, and staying in small boutique hotels with plush bedding, deep tubs, and great views. We enjoy chatting with interesting people who enjoy where they live. Please advise an itinerary and where to stay! We will allow a special occasion budget and have never been to Vermont, by the way....thanks so much...

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
423 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice on 3 days between Brattleboro and Burlington in June

I loved the Inn at Round Barn Farm in Waitsfield (Mad River Valley). Incredible scenery, beautiful rooms, delicious food, and they have a wonderful gardener who made the grounds look spectacular in May.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
423 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice on 3 days between Brattleboro and Burlington in June

Regarding your question on meals, I like simpler, so my favorites were Henry's Diner in Burlington and Bryant House Restaurant next to the Vermont Country Store in Weston. However you'll find lots of finer dining in Burlington (Leunig's in Burlington was great) and I'm sure others can recommend some places outside of Burlington. At the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe the Sunday brunch was lovely, both the food and the setting. They also have outdoor activities with wonderful scenery.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Advice on 3 days between Brattleboro and Burlington in June

You are going to think I am crazy but Village Deli in Waitsfield has fabulous sandwiches. Usually don't have too many fancy meals. tend to stop at any local village store which is almost always gourmet. The Winhall Market is another of our favorites for lunch sandwiches or prepared foods (we are usually in a condo).

Not trying to be difficult at all. Vermont is an epicurean delight so it is just difficult to go wrong. Find a menu, that you like and there will be someone who can comment directly.

14. Re: Advice on 3 days between Brattleboro and Burlington in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 16, 2014