We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to Elope

Lake George,NY
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to Elope

I was supposed to have a nice wedding here in July but everything went wrong! One of my bridesmaids has to leave town that weekend now, taking her fiance who was also in the wedding, my flower girls dress was ruined, the place we were going to have the wedding cancelled, my back up decided it was too much work to do weddings etc..Ive decided to just elope somewhere lovely and enjoy a weekend or 2 weekdays just the 2 of us and 2 close friends as witnesses. Preferrably not too espensive, under $700.00 would be great. Thanks!

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to Elope

I’m going to recommend going to Arlington for you wedding. Check out the West Mountain Inn in Arlington. [Web site below]. It is a beautiful location to be married in and a wonderful place to stay. Plus I believe to owner is a justice of the peace and can marry you [you’ll want to check on that]. And the town clerk in Arlington where you can buy you marriage license is very nice lady who will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about town.

http://www.westmountaininn.com/

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to Elope

We would recommend the Inn Victoria in Chester. It is a very romantic bed and breakfast and has elopements It also has great reviews here on tiipadvisor if you want to check it out.

There was a civil union going on when we stayed there and they had beautifully decorated the parlor and seemed to really take care of the girls.

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to Elope

My goodness, you seem to be handling all this VERY WELL! You've got a great attitude about it and I have a feeling your elopement will be beautiful and very special. (I also eloped and it was amazing).

Looks like you already have some great suggestions. I'll throw one in too. I recommend the Wild Flower Inn in East Burke Vermont. It is in the Northeast Kingdom, right in the mountains. www.wildflowerinn.com They have beautiful weddings there. I'm sure if you requested just a small ceremony they would make it just what you wanted. They have a quaint wedding gazebo over looking the green mountains. Rooms prices range from $115/night and up. They have a great restaurant right on site and the gardens are breath taking!

Hope your wedding day is everything you expect! Would love to hear where you end up tieing the knot.

Congratulations and good luck!!!

Ash

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to Elope

Well I like your practical solution! Blow the guests spend the money on yourself!!

Do consider Woodstock as it is a very special village which is easy to get to by road, rail and air. There are a number of smaller establishments like inns and B & B's in that area that could offer you the solitude that you seek and give you change out of your proposed budget. Check out the town website for all levels of establishments at www.woodstockvt.com and use Trip Advisor to advise you on your shortlist.

Just make sure you bring a camera!

Lake George,NY
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to Elope

Thanks everyone what great ideas! How lovely all these places are! I can't thank you all enough for these great ideas. We'll be sure to let you know what we decide, and how it was! Vermont is so beautiful I can't wait!

Winter Park, FL
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to Elope

We eloped to the White Rocks Inn in Wallingford, VT and it was fabulous! It used to be a dairy farm, and we stayed in the Milkhouse Cottage where the milk was kept. The innkeepers really make you feel at home and take care of every detail. My husband is an antique car buff, so the antique limousine was an extra special touch. The wedding cake was the best I've ever had anywhere, but the best part for me is the wonderful pictures to remember it all. They take about 50 or more pictures and print some for you to take home. Then we got a CD with all the pictures in color and in black and white. It was perfect, and I wouldn't change a thing!

7. Re: Best places to Elope

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:12 am, June 06, 2006
8. Re: Best places to Elope

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 16, 2009