We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best ski resorts for beginners?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
428 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Best ski resorts for beginners?

My wife and I just got back from Stowe VT. We paid $$$$, and had a lot of fun...EXCEPT we couldn't even handle Spruce Peak as beginners!

I have been skiing 5-6 times now (mostly in PA), and I am getting better on the greens. However, I couldn't even handle Easy Street or Meadows at Stowe.

What are good ski resorts for beginners in VT? Or ME or NH? We want to learn how to ski on not-so-steep and dipping trails. Ideal trails would be nice and long and flat enough to handle....

Thanks!

Destin, FL
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best ski resorts for beginners?

Burke MT is an easy shot up 93 from Boston and as the lower Mt is separated from the top, the beginner slopes don't have faster skier's zipping by so it's a lot safer! Also the slopes aren't a switchback so you can't take a wrong turn into trouble! The ski instruction is legendary and the cost is reasonable compared to Stowe and Okemo. Also the snow stays better longer due to less traffic and Northern latitude. If you want something closer, New Hampshire has some smaller hills but I'm not too familiar with them. Enjoy!

12. Re: Best ski resorts for beginners?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 15, 2014