We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Itinerary for fall foliage - need review, and suggestions

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
My Itinerary for fall foliage - need review, and suggestions

We will be driving from Boston for the Oct 5-7th Weekend to enjoy fall foliage of New England. We will have two full days to drive around. We want to take it slow and quiet, and if possible avoid tourist crowds to be able to take good pics.

Goal is to see good fall colors (and if possible along with streams, falls, and covered bridges)

We learned that we should be able to see some peak colors in the high mountain areas. So, this is our draft route.

1st Day Eve: Reach Boston, drive out at night to cover the distance and stay at CONWAY, NH

Day 2: Drive thru JACKSON, NH on Route 302 (or Kancamngus Hwy??) toward FRANCONIA (i.e., cross the Mountains)

Proceed to DANVILLE, VT

then see the Fisher Bridge (covered) at WOLCOTT, VT

Proceed to STOWE, VT See Moss Glen Falls, Stay there at night,

Day 3

Drive through and take stops at CAMBRIDGE, VT, MORETOWN, VT then proceed to ROUTE 100 to reach WOODSTOCK, VT,

Take late night flight or early morning flight next day from Boston to fly out.

However, my schedule is flexible enough to include any good suggestion. Please let me know what you all think about the routeand where would you think we should make hotel reservations.

Thanks for your time!

1. Re: My Itinerary for fall foliage - need review, and suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 20, 2013