We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to the ferry on time.

Minneapolis...
6 posts
Save Topic
Getting to the ferry on time.

We are driving down from Stowe VT. Google tells us it is a 5.5 hr trip to Woods Hole. If we leave at 6am is it realistic to expect to be able to be in Woods Hole by 2pm?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to the ferry on time.

That shouldn't be a problem unless you get hung up in some crazy traffic jam trying to get on the Cape.

Minneapolis...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to the ferry on time.

Thanks. Should we drive through Boston on I93 or go around on I95?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to the ferry on time.

Generally, I-93 through Boston during non-rush hour will be the quickest. The mileage is much shorter.

However, it matters WHEN you are driving. A mid-week drive hitting Boston from the north in late morning is likely to be pretty easy, barring some bad traffic accident that snarls traffic. But if you're driving down on a Saturday morning, all bets are off, especially once you get near the Sagamore and Bourne bridges to the Cape.

Edited: 12:39 pm, August 30, 2012
4. Re: Getting to the ferry on time.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 04, 2013