We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Champlain Hotel

Burlington, Vermont
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lake Champlain Hotel

We are looking for a waterfront hotel or resort on Lake Champlain to bring the family sometime this summer. It could even be on the NY side. Someplace thats scenic, remote, and that the kids would enjoy also. We have bikes so a place that is bike friendly would also be great!

Thanks

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Champlain Hotel

The most well-known such place is Basin Harbor Club near Vergennes.

www.basinharbor.com

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Champlain Hotel

Basin Harbor is nice and it's also a good place to bike - its fairly flat around there.

There is another place called the Tyler Place Family Resort way up near the border - I don't really know anything about it other than what I've read about it here.

http://www.tylerplace.com

Edited: 10:47 am, April 19, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Champlain Hotel

Thanks for the suggestions! I think we are looking for a place a little smaller and off the beaten path.

A friend told me about a nice place called the Finch and Chubb, at the NY side of Lake Champlain. They have a small bed and breakfast and a waterfront restaurant and it looks pretty bike friendly.

Website is www.visitwhitehall.com for anyone else that might be interested

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Champlain Hotel

You could try Marine Village Cottages

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g48411-d12179…

www.marinevillagecottages.com/welcome.html

Edited: 3:01 pm, April 20, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Champlain Hotel

Our O.P. has already visited "Finch and Chubb" in Whitehall, last September, because the O.P. posted a review of it a few weeks ago...so the O.P.'s latest post about it is very oddly worded, at best.

If I wasn't such a trusting fellow, I'd wonder if the O.P. is in fact connected to said establishment, and is attempting some covert advertising on its behalf.

Burlington, Vermont
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Champlain Hotel

I have been there before! no secret. Just wanted to hear of other off the beaten path kind of places that are smaller and similar. Thanks for the suggestions!

Burlington, Vermont
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Champlain Hotel

Xeena, thank you I will check out those cottages. Sounds like it could be nice and very family friendly

Grand Isle, Vermont
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Champlain Hotel

Check out the Lake Champlain islands (accessible via causeway and ferry)...Shore Acres Inn and North Hero House are simple but in a beautiful location.

9. Re: Lake Champlain Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 30, 2012