We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Circle. It it all too similar?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
172 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Circle. It it all too similar?

Hi. Been thinking about doing the Grand Circlr Road Trip in 2014. I was wondering though if it could be national park overkill. I don't want to sound negative but Zion, Bryce, Arches, Capital Reef, Canyonlands ect all look similar. I know there are things in some parks that are not found anywhere else and are unique to that park but the landscape does look very much the same. Is my concern justified?

Arches National Park
Geologic Formations, Mountains, National Parks, Hiking Trails
The Narrows
National Parks, Hiking Trails
Canyonlands National Park
Canyons, Mountains, National Parks
Observation Point
National Parks, Lookouts
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
172 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Grand Circle. It it all too similar?

Hi all,

RedRox, you are critical of many of the itineraries on this board due to them being rushed, so I am really pleased that you like my plan. You may like it even better because I am going to find another day so as to spend two nights at Torrey. From Bryce to Moab with only 1 night stop does not seem anywhere near enough time.

Thanks to you all for the other posts.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,668 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Grand Circle. It it all too similar?

Good move to add more time, ukdryver.

I think Kbec and k_B hit it on the head relative to the cause for redrockitis. You have to take the time and get dirt in your shoes to really see all that the red rocks have to offer.

23. Re: Grand Circle. It it all too similar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 21, 2014