We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in Texas November 2013 Including watching the F1

G C
Leicester, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
2 Weeks in Texas November 2013 Including watching the F1

Hello All,

We are in the middle of planning our 2013 family holiday.

We live in England and this year is my 40th birthday so I get to choose where we go.

As a fan of F1 have decided that the Austin Grand Prix on November 17th could be a good a good event to plan into our holiday around.

Of course I need to consider the rest of my family.

My wife likes warm weather and being outdoors.

My children will be 7 and 6 and like wildlife and parks

We plan to rent a car and go to hotels or would an RV be a good idea?

I know Texas is a big state and don't want to spend the entire trip driving ,so if and can recommend an area where we can spend about 3 nights then move on .

Any thoughts would be welcome .

Regards

Gavin

G C
Leicester, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in Texas November 2013 Including watching the F1

Hello again , having looked at the weather in November it looks ok but my wife does like it a little warmer.

Might have to forget the Grand Prix , go at a warmer time of the year. My treat could be a football game ?

Regards

Gavin

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks in Texas November 2013 Including watching the F1

FYI, we just broke records for having above normal Nov 2012 temperatures. We really don't start getting the artic cold fronts until later in Dec and all of Jan and Feb.

Austin weather is crazy in fall/winter. One day air conditioner on and the next day the heater could be on for a couple of days and then back up in the 70's. That's what happening this week. 30's, 40's and 50s and then Fri up to 72.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Weeks in Texas November 2013 Including watching the F1

Direct flights are going to be into Houston or Dallas. I'm a fan of Austin and San Antonio (Houston's closer to those two.) In the warmer months, there are lots of rivers to play in. Guadalupe, Comal, San Marcos all have folks where you can rent tubes to float and provide transportation. Schliterbahn in New Braunfels is on of the best water parks in the country. SA has a Six Flags temem park and a Sea World. Houston has NASA (great for kids) and Galveston is a nice enough place to get to the beach. SA has a great zoo. There's a drive thru zoo just north of SA connected with Natural Bridge Caverns. SA has a children's museum (as does Houston.) College football can be quite exciting especially here in Texas, UT and/or A&M would be the choices. High School football is also great - Friday nights at a large district.

4. Re: 2 Weeks in Texas November 2013 Including watching the F1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 10, 2014