We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tennessee in April/May

2 posts
Save Topic
Tennessee in April/May

We are planning a trip to Tennessee in late April/early May. We plan on going to Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Graceland and Hurricane Mills. What are some other good places to visit?

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tennessee in April/May

You have not said how long you have to visit. I would suggest spending a few days in Chattanooga. Eastern Tennessee is just beautiful and Chattanooga has much to offer.

Please check the following website and take a look at our city!!

www.chattanoogafun.com

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tennessee in April/May

We will be visiting for about two weeks.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tennessee in April/May

Dolly wood is in Pigeon Forge. I would think 2 days, 3 at the most. Memphis is in Western Tenn. and after that, do not know what else you want to do in that area.

I suggest researching Chattanooga and east Tenn. it is very scenic and there is a lot to do in this area.

Where are you starting from and leaving from?

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tennessee in April/May

Take a look at where you are already to planning to go on a map. You'll see that Dollywood (Pigeon Forge) and Graceland (Memphis) are on opposite ends of a very wide state. As has already been mentioned, Chattanooga is a nice small city / big town, and east TN in general is very scenic. Of course the obvious omission in your itinerary is Nashville, which is in between. I'd plan a significant chunk of time in Middle Tennessee -- not only for Nashville and the surrounding metro area (including Franklin) but other sites like the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg. You could also take side day or 1-night trips into Alabama (i.e., Huntsville / Space & Rocket Center or Birmingham) or Kentucky.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,103 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tennessee in April/May

We spent 16 days in Tennessee: 3-4 in Memphis, 1 driving to Nashville, 3-4 in Nashville, 1/2 in Knoxville, 4 in Gatlinburg to visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, 2 in Chattanooga, 1 driving back to Nashville.

6. Re: Tennessee in April/May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 14, 2014