We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination in Tennessee

Alpharetta...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Destination in Tennessee

We want to go to the mountains for Thanksgiving but are not sure where to go....we are looking at Gatlinburg or Bristol City....and don't know which might be better....suggestions! And we are sort of in a time crunch since we have waited so late. Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination in Tennessee

Might try Bryson City NC. A lot closer for you. Try VRBO.com to rent a mountain cabin.

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,324 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination in Tennessee

If you're going to the mountains, may as well go for the action and go to G'burg. Thanksgiving is busy but not overwhelming - just a long weekend. I don't see where getting a room would be a problem.

Of course, if you want to avoid the crowds, look at some of the state websites for other venues in the mountains - won't have the resort atmosphere but peace and quiet. Places like Red River Gorge Ky., Cumberland Falls ST. Resort Pk., KY., Marion, Va., Franklin, Tn., are options.

Enjoy!!

Level Contributor
50 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination in Tennessee

I would go to Pigeon Forge. 10 min to Gatlinburg. It is like Myrtle Beach without the water.

Plenty of hotels and activities and of course Dollywood.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,199 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination in Tennessee

Susan A

I would say neither one. Crowded, traffic and from your script, not what you want.

I also suggest coming over the NC side. Blowing Rock is a quaint mountain town, filled with awesome mountain memories, beautiful scenery, crafts, music, great food and family activities.

www.BlowingRock.com

www.visit BooneNC.com

Edited: 8:01 pm, October 15, 2017
Reply to: Destination in Tennessee
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted