We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th July in Sioux Falls

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
4th July in Sioux Falls

As part of our epic America trip we are booked in to Sioux Falls for the 4th July. We will be travelling from Chicago to Sioux Falls on the 4th then leaving on the 5th heading to Mount Rushmore.

I was wondering if there will be any 4th July celebrations in Sioux Falls whilst we are there, although I appreciate this is a family holiday.

We are a family of 4, two adults and two teenage boys, what would you recommend we see in Sioux Falls and where should we eat? Will eating out be a problem on 4th July? We are travelling in a camper van so can prepare for eating in that night if needed. All help gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Sheona

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
893 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th July in Sioux Falls

Falls Park is nice! We stopped there on our way to the Black Hills last summer. Lots of pretty waterfalls on the river and there is an observation tower you can go up in to get a different view.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
605 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th July in Sioux Falls

There will be 4th of July celebrations in and around SF. Check the SF chamber of commerce for festivities. Eating out should not be a problem as SF is a mecca for restaurants and shopping. SF many diverse and great restaurants. It depends what type of food you are looking for. I assume that you are staying at a campground?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,393 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th July in Sioux Falls

Sioux Falls, while a nice town, does not have an abundance of tourist attractions, especially ones that would interest teen boys. Falls Park is very nice and you should definitely stop there. There's a free observation tower with a good view. Slightly west of town is Wild Water West, which is a mid-size water park with slides, wave pool and lazy river that they boys would like. It would be good on a hot day. Spezia's is a good place to eat on the south side of town that has slightly more elegant dining. You'll have to Google the address. There are all kinds of restaurants on 41st St. and also on 26th St. Valentino's on 41st St. is not fancy or gourmet, but teen boys with an appetite would like it: pizza buffet, past buffet, salad bar, dessert buffet. Both 41st St. and 26th St. have exits off Interstate 29.

4th of July is more of a picnic type of day than a going out to eat type of day, and since it's on a Thursday this year, I don't think you should have a problem finding a table at a restaurant.

I'm guessing you're coming in on I-90 from Chicago. When you cross the Mississippi River from Wisconsin into Minnesota, take the very first exit immediately after crossing the river. The exit ramp will fork. The right fork is a rest area. The left fork goes to a lock and dam. You might see a tow and barge locking through. It's a good spot for a picnic with a nice restroom. The river valley is spectacular right there.

4. Re: 4th July in Sioux Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 14, 2014