We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving The Black Hills in February

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Driving The Black Hills in February

Hi Everyone, my husband and myself are spending 2 nights in South Dakota at the end of February 2013 1 night in Deadwood then driving to see Crazy Horse and Mount Rushmore then back into Rapid City for the night before getting an early flight in the morning to SFO, we will be landling at 3pm then driving to Deadwood the next day doing the other driving, my question is what sort of road conditions will we be facing, I know it isn't an ideal time of year to travel but with work commitments it is the only time we could both get time off together. Many thanks, Bronwyn

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
502 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving The Black Hills in February

The weather in February can be mild & sunny or bitterly cold with snow. The roads you are likely to drive are well-traveled & maintained, so unless there is snowfall, you should be fine.

2. Re: Driving The Black Hills in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 30, 2013