We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one week in Charleston with 3 children

Lavaur, France
4 posts
Save Topic
one week in Charleston with 3 children

Hello,

I will be from 20th to 26th of august with my children who are 6,8 and 10 years old in Charleston. If I have some ideas about things to do there, it would be great to have informations about people who already stayed there, eventually with children to have better ideas, perhaps.

My children don't speak english but I don't think it will be a big problem for enjoying visits and activities even if I can't translate everything. So many things to see an enjoy...

Thanks for helping me.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one week in Charleston with 3 children

You might want to re-post this on the Charleston forum rather than the general South Carolina forum so it will get specific Charleston hits and responses.

I don't know your experience, but my observation is that children the age of yours pick up another language rather quickly and could well be conversational by the end of the week if let you them try.

Lavaur, France
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: one week in Charleston with 3 children

Thanks for answering. I didn't know which forum was the best for me but you are surely right. I re-posted my question on the Charleston forum.

I already came to the States with my children ( the oldest who can't come this time and that's the second time for the one who is 10). It was a good experience for them but a liitle bit too short ( one week only each time) to be able to have a conversation. Only my husband who never learned english ;-)

Anyway thanks again for your help.

3. Re: one week in Charleston with 3 children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 13, 2014