We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten-free options en route through PA?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
Save Topic
Gluten-free options en route through PA?

Kind of an obscure and last-minute question, but here goes…

I’m driving from Toronto to DC with a bunch of people tomorrow. As there are a couple of celiacs and vegetarians in the group, it has been suggested that we stop for lunch at the Quiet Storm in Pittsburgh. Personally I think it’s foolish to detour into the heart of a city during what is already a very long single-day drive (and I also don’t like the look of that restaurant, I think imitation meat is gross). But in order to propose an alternative I need to know of a restaurant with gluten-free and vegetarian options that is closer to the highway.

I’ve already run a search for such restaurants in eastern Pittsburgh but it’s hard to search all the way along a route.

We could drive through PA either by the I-79/I-76 route or by the 219/220 route.

Thanks!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten-free options en route through PA?

OK never mind, issue resolved... we're going to the Double Wide Grill in Mars, in case anyone comes across this post looking for something similar.

2. Re: Gluten-free options en route through PA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 19, 2014