We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sightseeing options?

Ontario
7 posts
Save Topic
sightseeing options?

Our family of five is driving to Florida from Ontario - 3 kids, ages 2, 5, and 7. Yes, I know, we're probably crazy....

We are looking for suggestions for fun, entertaining and exhausting pit stops along I81 and I95. While we plan to put in 3 long days on the road - we hope that we can diminish some of the whining if we plan to stop and get some exercise and stimulation for the kids at reasonable intervals.

Any recommendations - hiking - museums - aquariums - amusement parks - or other tourist attractions - along I95 would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Driving Me Crazy

Pittsburgh
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: sightseeing options?

I know that Allegheny Flying Club is now performing scenery and discover flights. They also have a simulator for people to try and fly on if they do not want to leave off the ground :D

I found a 10% discount coupon on www.mcfaddenservices.com. Our company purchased a few gift certificates to be raffle off during the holidays, etc.

Overall it would be something neat, fun, different, and exciting to do. There is no age limits.

They told me that the city looks so beautiful when flying over it.

Scranton, PA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: sightseeing options?

Your message doesn't say when you are travelling... Please make sure that you stop in Scranton, PA. Scranton offers a host of wonderful things for a family to do!

Steamtown National Historic Site

Electric City Trolley Museum

Lackawanna Co. Coal Mine Tour

Houdini Museum

(Holiday season) Holiday Light Spectacular

The list goes on and on!

York, Pa
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sightseeing options?

Well I have two suggestions for you that are either on the way or just slightly off the route. This is assuming that you will be coming through Hershey and then down 83 through york pa The first is Hershey Pa, here is a great amusement park but it is closed during the winter months however the chocolate factory next to the park in the same parking lot is always open for tours, and is quite entertaining for kids. Check their website to make sure they will be open. www.hersheyschocolateworld.com

The 2nd stop on my list is in York Pa. where I am from and this is the world famous Harley Davidson Final Assembly plant. You can take tours of the plant and their operations, again check the website for the tour dates and hours. It is a great tour and very entertaining. Those are my two suggestions if you are coming this way.

~Chad from York Pa~

York, Pa
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sightseeing options?

Oh two others I just thought of, is the National Aquarium in Baltimore Md, and of course the US capital in Washington DC plus their is a ton of things to see and do in DC, like the smithsonian institute. Lots of sightseeing there. You can always look up their website.

~Chad from York Pa~