We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Stuarts Draft, VA
7 posts
Save Topic
Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

We are thinking of honeymooning there in mid-October. I've heard a lot of positive things about the resort, just wondering if there is anything I need to look out for.

Thanks for any advice.

Greentown
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Wench01...I don't know the Comfort Inn in White Haven but can easily find out...I know White Haven is not an especially great area, but will find out about the hotel....No big loss on the Mt Pocono hotels...they're ok(I stress OK), but that area is HORRENDOUS. I lived down in that area and had to move North (Lake Wallenpaupack area). I will certainly talk to some people and find out about a decent hotel with the ammenities you're looking for and their price ranges. Will get back to you early next week...and I agree with you, a honeymoon in the Poconos these days would be quite the disappointment. There are a few good wedding/reception spots left, but not too many of those either...it's a shame, used to be beautiful. Oh....what is the farthest from Blakeslee you would want to be? Let me know and I'll get info for you.

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
818 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

I have stayed at Pocono Palace and Paradise Stream. I did stay at Pocono Palace for my honeymoon last in December 2001 and have not been back yet since. We really enjoy going there. All in all it is pretty expensive. You do get a nice suite and Breakfast & Dinner and all the entertainment in the price. I know Starwood bought them over recently so I am sure they are kept in tip top shape. I also heard they added some new suite types.

We always enjoyed each stay. There were many honeymooners and people celebrating thier anniversaries. There were so many return guests too! This sort of tells you people do like going!

We stayed in the Champagne towers both visits. The only negative is that sometimes there is not enough hot water to fill up that big champagne glass! I love the indoor pools too!

We have been looking to go back but time & money have been working against us.

Deborah

Stuarts Draft, VA
7 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Thank you for your advice. I am looking forward to going there more as it gets closer! I hope you will be able to return soon!!

Pocono Mt., PA
Level Contributor
12 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Wench -- Have you looked at Split Rock? I was there a few years ago for a conference and it was pretty decent with lots to do...

J.

http://www.splitrockresort.com/

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Jbro, Split Rock Resort does look very nice, but the price is a little high, I do not mind paying that but we will be gone most of the time. We are going to Camp Jeep that is in Jack Frost Ski Resort, we will be gone all day and not get use of all the things the resort offers, we get back to the hotel everyday around 7:00 PM, just enough time to take a swim & hit the hot tub. Thanks so much for the info.

PA
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

We are taking our first trip to Caesars Cove Haven in a couple of weeks. I am very excited. It's for our 2 yr anniversary. We are looking to get away and relax. I have read lots of bad and lots of good. For the price, I am hoping it is good for us. Just so we can get away together though, that's the main thing. We've already asked to be seated alone for meals. Also, we plan to go horse back riding while we are there. Which place is closest or the best? Thanks!

Greentown
6 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

qicarr..there is a place right down the road from Cove Haven. It's on 590 about 5 minutes West. cove Haven is ok. As long as you get nice days, there will be things to do. I actually live about 15 minutes from there.

PA
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Anyone know about the rooms at Cove Haven? We booked Harbour Towers, but I was thinking of switching to Cove Harbour? One main reason for the Towers is because of the balcony! Let me know if any of you have stayed in either of these rooms, or at least been through them, thanks!

PA
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Anyone know about the rooms at Cove Haven? We booked Harbour Towers, but I was thinking of switching to Cove Harbour? One main reason for the Towers is because of the balcony! Let me know if any of you have stayed in either of these rooms, or at least been through them, thanks!