We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Stuarts Draft, VA
7 posts
Save Topic
Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

We are thinking of honeymooning there in mid-October. I've heard a lot of positive things about the resort, just wondering if there is anything I need to look out for.

Thanks for any advice.

Clarks Summit...
Level Contributor
11 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Having only stayed at the Ceasars Resort at Cove Haven (which is near lake Wallenpaupack in the Poconos) I can only comment on that site. Liking it will depend on what you are looking for. There are lots of honeymooners from NYC there. Activities are for those who need someone to direct them. They have little signs over the door of the bar area saying "we know where you are going". The rooms have heart shaped beds and some even have cocktail glass hot tubs. At dinner you sit with others, not at a private table, so on the plus side you meet other vacationers and on the minus side you miss the romantic dinner atmosphere. This was not my cup of tea at all but there were others at my table who returned year after year for their anniversary. In October the leaves in the poconos are beautiful but swimming in the lake or enjoying water sports will be out because of the crisp, cold weather.

Connecticut
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

All four of the Caesars Resorts are great! Just know that their Brookdale Resort is their only family resort. So, if you do not want children running around on your honeymoon stay at one of their other three. All their rooms are nice and the food is great. Entertainment is fun and there are a ton of activities.

Manorville
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

I've stayed at Cove Haven numerous times and have visited the othe Caesars resorts. I think it is one of the best values for the buck. There is so much to do there, all inclusive except video games, you can't get bored. As far as the eating arrangments you can requesta table for two which is what we always do. If you don't want to join in the group activities you go off and do your own thing. There is no pressure to conform. The staff is great, the all you can eat food is terrific, and the place is kept immaculate. We highly recommend it

Ray and Minh

long island new york
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

we usually go to brookdale because we have two children, but our neighbors of 20 years plus have gone to Cove Haven every year for their anniversary. they said people knew their names and they always enjoyed their time there. its alittle pricey, but october should be a nice time of year to visit. you might miss the leaves because its cold in PA at that time of year, but the indoor pools and in-suite pools should keep you busy enough. the food is good at all their resorts. i personally would book a nicer room, dont go too cheap, because its your honeymoon and its a memorable time. also take into consideration how far away the room is to the main building where the dining room is and entertainment because if its cold or raining, you dont want to have to walk very far. ask for a guide map to the resort or ask your agent which rooms are conveniently located and nicest for honeymooners. i wish you both a life of happiness and love!!!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
9 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Please avoice this place at all costs. We were there about 3 months ago and it was nothing short of horrible. For the money you will spend you could do 10 times better elsewhere. Believe me, don't waste your money and spoil your honemoon.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

For a nice romantic place in the Pocono's try the Cliff Park Inn in Milford, about 30 minutes to the north. The only have 12 rooms and the hosts are great.

Stuarts Draft, VA
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Thank you so much for the advice. We are planning to stay at Paradise Stream in the Champagne Towers. Why not, right?

Greentown
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

I live in the Poconos. I would NOT suggest Paradise stream. It is extremely old and probably the most run down of them all. Brookdale is for families, Pocono Palace in Marshall's Creek is nice, but the area has gone down the drain. Cove Haven is probably the nicest of all. Just remember, if you come here in October, the outdoor activities are limited as some years it's very cold here, and has even snowed in October!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Fawnie5, you said that you live in the Poconos. I hope you can help me....I have been asking if there are any nice clean hotels in that area and nobody has responded. I have been to the Poconos several times and never found a nice hotel, they are all run down & dirty. We are going to Camp Jeep (Blakslee-Jack Frost Ski Resort) in Aug with 2 other couples, we are looking for a place with an indoor pool & hot tub. Do you know if the Comfort Inn in White Haven is clean?? There are no comments regarding that hotel. There is a Comfort Inn Heart of the Poconos I beleive it is in Bartsville, it gets really bad reviews like most of the hotels there. The only other hotels that had good reviews were the Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn in Mt. Pocono, but they are both booked that weeked. I hope you can help!!! Thank you.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been to the Caesars Pocono Resorts?

Blu izz, as Fawnie5 stated most of the Pocono's is a dump. I would not want my honeymoon anywhere near there. Look at most of the reviews of the hotels, not good. Are you getting married there? I also read some really bad reviews from people that booked a wedding & honeymoon. If I were you I would explore other options.