We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best HWY between Crater Lake National Park to Grant pass

Vancouver...
3 posts
Save Topic
Best HWY between Crater Lake National Park to Grant pass

If anyone could please advice better route from Crater Lake to Grant Pass. I am planning a trip in first week of July. There are couple of option I get from Google. OR - 62/Crater lake HWY or OR 140.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best HWY between Crater Lake National Park to Grant pass

Take 62 until 234 which cuts across toward Grants Pass

Vancouver...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best HWY between Crater Lake National Park to Grant pass

Thank you. Would you know if this route has higher elevation then route 140. My kids sometimes suffer from motion sickness.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best HWY between Crater Lake National Park to Grant pass

Highest point on that route is in Crater Lake. which is higher than 140 summit. Probably scariest part may be coming down from the Rim Village. Once you leave Crater Lake on 62 no more high places.

140 is really out of the way to get to Grants Pass

Edited: 1:34 pm, February 20, 2014
Vancouver...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best HWY between Crater Lake National Park to Grant pass

Thanks so much

5. Re: Best HWY between Crater Lake National Park to Grant pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 22, 2015