We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with Revised Itinerary for August/September 2014

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with Revised Itinerary for August/September 2014

I’ve heard great things about Silver Falls SP so I wanted to include this in my itinerary. I wasn’t planning on visiting Cannon Beach, but I found a great place on VRBO so decided to add this to my trip. Since I wanted to visit Silver Falls, I decided to do this 1st after we arrived in Portland and put Cannon Beach at the end of our trip even though the drive from Hood River will be longer. One reason for this was to get to Crater Lake earlier during our trip and take the boat tour to Wizard Island to do some hiking and hopefully the weather will still be nice.

Do you think 3 nights in Bend is about right? We both like to hike easy to moderate trails plus scenic drives. Will the weather be too hot to hike in early Sept? Any kayak rentals near Bend?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for all your help!

August 27th arrive late from east coast – stay in Portland near airport

August 28th Silver Falls State Park – stay near Salem

August 29, 30, 31 – 3 nights in Yachats – Adobe Resort

Sept 1 – Roseburg

Sept. 2 – Crater Lake (boat trip to Wizard Island and drive Rim)

Sept 3, 4, 5 – Bend

Sept 6, 7, 8, 9 – Hood River

Sept 10, 11, 12, 13 – Cannon Beach – VRBO home

Sept 14 – somewhere not too far from Portland Airport

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Please help with Revised Itinerary for August/September 2014

Hi Sandy. I received your PM a couple days ago but it seems my TA messaging system has developed some sort of glitch. I can read the messages but am unable to write or send a response. If you could send me a PM with your e-mail address I will attempt to contact you that way re: both your visit to Oregon in September and your April trip to Napa.

:-)

OregonJohn97338

32. Re: Please help with Revised Itinerary for August/September 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, February 01, 2015