We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

Atlanta, Georgia...
1 post
Save Topic
Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

A good friend of mine and I will be taking Coast Starlight down to Portland from Seattle in early May. The whole reason we are going to Portland is to see Multnomah Falls and Ramona Falls. Is there any kind of transportation that will take us from Portland to Multnomah and Ramona Falls? We are 20, just under the right age to rent a car for the day, and we do not really want to rent a cab to take us there because it would be outrageously expensive! Are there any low-cost alternatives at all?

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

Those two are in completely different locations. There are plenty of wateralls to see in Gorge beyond Multnomah Falls. you can hike to several from Multnomah Falls.

There are tours that will take you to a few of them but a bit spendy.

I hope somebody can answer how you might get to Multnomah Falls and back.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

Personally the only scheduled transport to Multnomah Falls that I known of is a Grey line tour. It's a tour so you only have the time they allow for you to explore it. Plus the tour is of other Gorge places. It's $50 and I don't know what kind of vehicle is used. Details at grayline.com/United_States_-_Portland/Multno…

I'm sorry, I don't know about Ramona.

Have you considered using a zip car, might be cheaper than a full rental.

Edited: 5:08 pm, February 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

Oops, sorry. Zip Cars only rents to those 18 - 20 if they are students at t

PSU, and then it's only certain cars. My mistake.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

Sorry for. The multiple posts...

If you do end up taking a taxi, you could take the bus system (trimet) as far as Troutdale. That is just 15 miles away from the falls. So I assume the cab ride would be cheaper. If you no that, be sure to schedule an pick up with the cab company so you don't get stranded out there! Best of luck.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,949 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

Check the links for the following tours. Some might be priced more reasonably:

http://www.martinsgorgetours.com/

www.americashubworldtours.com/oregon-tours

http://www.portlandoregontours.com/index.php

http://www.ecotours-of-oregon.com/

http://radiocab.net/index.asp

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,065 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

Hello,

I hate to say no, but the closest you might come to this quest of seeing both Multnomah Falls and Ramona Falls is maybe Eco-tours. They seem a little flexible. This would indeed be a stretch.

If their party is small enough, while you are near Timberline Lodge in Mount Hood (and if you ask early enough in the tour) they might consider. Ramona is in the Mount Hood Forest and is an 8.1 mile difficult hike to see the falls. The whole tour group would need good hiking skills and be willing to undertake the hike.

Multnomah is along I-84 and the Scenic Byway going toward Hood River from Portland. In Hood River, you would take Oregon 35 up the mountain abot 2 hours to Timberline.

These are two distinct different districts.

Best Luck,

MrsO

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,067 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

There are more options for getting to Multnomah Falls than to Ramona Falls.

For Ramona Falls, a bit of a correction. It is only a 7 mile hike and is considered easy/moderate. Based on actually doing it myself, I rate it as easy. As for getting there without a car yourself, check into the Mazamas. They are our local hiking/climbing group and you might be able to tag along on a trip with them or see if they have members that might be interested in doing a trip if one is not yet planned. You can also check with the Mountaineers out of Seattle, sort of the sister group, but they also do hikes and climbs down here in OR as well.

8. Re: Ramona Falls/Multnomah Falls Transport from Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 20, 2014