We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Historic Columbia River Highway Construction - Confused

Level Contributor
393 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Historic Columbia River Highway Construction - Confused

We are going to be in this area October 4th through the 7th. According to the Oregon State Park official page (I think), The HCRH will be closed from Larch Mountain Road to Latourell Road from October 1 to December 12. I have a map and can see Larch Mountain Road, but is Latourell Road at the Latourell Falls? So we can get as far as at Multinomah Falls? And is that information up to date do you think?

Also we are spending a couple nights at Beacon Rock State Park on the Washington side, and I read in a post that the construction might cause a problem driving from the Washington to Oregon side. It looks to me like the Bridge of the Gods will still be open. Is that the way to get back and forth?

Thanks!

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,990 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Historic Columbia River Highway Construction - Confused

I don't wonder you are confused.

Hello there,

You can get get to Multnomah Falls by taking the Bridal Veil exit off of I-84. Keep to the right and you will eventually (quickly depending on how much time you take looking) just past Wahkeena Falls and then go into the Visitor Information Center and they have up to date daily information on the reconstruction work.

You will pass a few more before you go back to I-84.

The vistas on I-84 are stunning. Even on cloudy days I find them awe inspiring.

Mrs O

Mrs O

2. Re: Historic Columbia River Highway Construction - Confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, December 14, 2013