We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine country lodging Apr/May

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
wine country lodging Apr/May

We are traveling to Oregon in late April and eraly May. This is our first visit to Oregon and we enjoy Pinot Wines. We have 8 nights to divide up. We are looking at 3 nights in Portland and 3 nights in the Dundee Area for wine Tastings. We are looking for ideas for the other two nights. Southern, Coast or Mount Hood Area? Any ideas or specific lodging would be great. We will be in the wine country during the week as we hope it will a slow pace or not as crowded. Is April and May season a good to visit wine country?

Thanks any thoughts are helpful

SCA

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,123 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: wine country lodging Apr/May

lol, budr, There is definitely a Sybil here or at the least, an Eve :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: wine country lodging Apr/May

<<We also really liked Vigne in the Pearl, but unfortunately they closed. Kathy, which other wine bars would you suggest in Portland? >>

Tabla is great. Hollywood Wine and Espresso is a wonderful place for tastings on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and they have several wines by the glass on other days.

I agree on Oregon Wines on Broadway and Noble Rot.

There is a new wine bar in SE Portland (around 78th) called Why Not Wine. I have not been in there during their "open hours" yet. She just opened a week ago and serves only Oregon wines.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: wine country lodging Apr/May

<<Comon guys.Isnt it a coinsidence that K and S sound-speak-type exactly the same? Am I the only one who thinks theyr exchanges with each other are like Sybil?? :)>>

I assure you that we are not the same person and to add to that, I have never actually met Syrahgirl.

You can check my credentials out at KOIN's website. You know, the local CBS affiliate. I am thei wine columnist. The site is have a few problems right now as a hacker trashed the entire site about a month ago.

Anyway, I find it quite rude that you would make a comment about "Sybil" simply because someone has an opinion other than yours.

So, let's get back on topic...and be nice. :-)

LA Calif
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: wine country lodging Apr/May

I DONT have an opinion different then yours.You obviously dont know the Calif,Oregon,Seattle,Fodors etc etc history of said Sybil and the issues and anger she caused many.People doubt new posters because of her..Even to the point of posters exiting the forums

LA Calif
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: wine country lodging Apr/May

You know my wife,,,KOIN or not,it only explains your wine-food obsession.You are one and the same.Posters will eventualy figure it out.Post away,laugh at the nice folks in Portland,,whatever.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: wine country lodging Apr/May

<<You know my wife,,,KOIN or not,it only explains your wine-food obsession.You are one and the same.Posters will eventualy figure it out.Post away,laugh at the nice folks in Portland,,whatever.>>

How would I know your wife??? And what ARE you talking about????

Who am I the one and the same of? I post as PDXWineauxs...not under any other name. You seem a bit paranoid.

What will posters figure out? That I am a wine columnist, wine distributor and all around great person? I guess you are right, they will figure out what a wonderful person I am and how much I know about the Oregon wine industry, as well as many other areas of the wine world.

Now, again, Budr, play nice. That is what I came here for, not this sophomoric garbage you are tossing out.