We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

Wow! I just went to this exhibit at OMSI last Thursday and it was….impressive. It's like looking under the hood of a car and seeing how everything works --great if you've had a previous sports injury or surgery. This exhibit has been all over the world and was even in the recent James Bond movie. It only goes until October 7 so I would highly recommend seeing it before it's gone.

It made me really ponder my own health and mortality.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,434 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

Yes! I went on opening day with an anatomy class. I thought it was an exceptional exhibit. I might have the opportunity to go again next week. Hope so. I agree that it definitely makes you think.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

Yes! I have actually seen it twice. It was on exhibit a few years ago in Munich, Germany and I went to see it there. It is fascinating! I also highly recommend it!

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

I must have walked around the exhibits with my mouth wide open saying "wow" --it was pretty amazing.

On a side note, Mtngrl and PDXWindJammer --you've both been around! A lot of Portland people seem really well traveled, I guess I shouldn't be surpised since most people I meet in Portland aren't from here...

Mentioned in this post
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,434 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

Well, generx, I was born and raised here in Oregon! Did leave for a while though as my DH was a career military officer. The good part about that is we literally saw the world! Came back home though after that:)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,425 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

Yes, generx, that does seem so..most people we knew or met when we lived there were like us..from somewhere else..flattering to Portland/Oregon if you think they chose Portland rather than just being there from the beginning..or like Mtngrl, returning there.

I think if we were ever to decide to move back to the US/WestCoast..Portland would definitely be our choice!

Mentioned in this post
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

Generx, it is funny that you mention that because when I have been in other parts of the world I have had locals tell me that they meet many people from the NW area of the USA. I am not sure why that is but I have met other Portlanders all over the world as well. Whiel I was in Vietnam last year I met a woman who lived less than a mile from me! Small world!

I was a babe in arms when I moved here from Canada and as much as I LOVE Portland, I am adventuresome and love to explore other cultures! The more culturally different from the USA, the more I like the country! I will, however, always call Portland home!

I am glad you aslo enjoyed Body Worlds 3! This exhibit was quite different from the one I saw in Germany a few years back. They must change it from year to year.

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

Mtngrl:

That explains it, I had expat parents so was also fortunate to live in many different countries too.

Hi Scarlett! Must have been tough to leave this place, even my parents have settled here in the NW.

PDX, that's funny you should run into someone from here --it truly is a small world!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,425 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

LOL, PDXJammer, so you were a babe at 10 ! cute :O)

Does Oregon remind you of Canada? Green and open spaces etc..

Yes, generx, it was tough..in some ways an easy decision but in others it was very hard. So far we are happy with the move though..

Mtngrl will have her whole family living here soon LOL

Regarding Body Works..we were in London one year and remember the fuss over the show...we never went to see it...don't know if I am sorry or not :O)

9. Re: OMSI - Bodyworlds 3, anyone else see it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 10, 2009