We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

Chicago
6 posts
Save Topic
Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are spending 2 nights in Manzanita before heading to Washington to hike in the Goat Rocks Wilderness area.

We are planning on doing 2 day hikes while on the coast, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for restaurants, bars, or other places to go/things to do while we are in Manzanita. As I said, we will already be doing a lot of hiking, but any recommendations are welcome!

Thank you!

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

If it's hiking you want, look no further than 4 miles north of Manzanita in Oswald West State Park. 15 miles of the Oregon Coast Trial traverse the park from one end to the other. From the top of Neah-Kah-Nie Mt to the tip of Cape Falcon is some of the best hiking in Oregon.

The Nehalem River Inn gets pretty good reviews, but I usually go north to Cannon Beach (~15 miles). Lot's of good places to choose from there.

Level Contributor
34,201 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

Hi there, we just returned from an excellent meal at the Stephanie Inn in Cannon Beach. This is truly an amazing place on the Oregon Coast, we have been there before but it's better than ever now. This place is truly in a league all it's own.

I'll post a full review a bit later. Have fun! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

There does not seem to be anything to do or any place to eat in Manzanita. There are two bars for over 21 age guests (had my 16 yr old with me) so we drove back to Cannon Beach for dinner. There are a couple great coffee shops there and the beach is awesome!

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

The main activities in the Manzanita area are beach walking, hiking and fishing related. There are some limited shops also in Nehalem and Wheeler. This Saturday, today, is the 50th Dairy Parade in Tillamook, there are I believe 5 bands.

In Manzanita for bars there is the San Dune on Laneda. Not a lot of top notch dinner eateries. There's the Nehalem River Inn as dengay mentioned, also Currents in Nehalem is well spoken of although I still have yet to go there. We often drive the 13 miles to Cannon Beach for a good dinner, great drive.

For lighter fare there is the Manzanita News & Espresso, good selection of coffe and drinks, baked goods and reads. The Left Bank for Mexican and the San Dune for good pub grub, I like the Blue Cheese Bacon Burger, it's not lo cal though.

When you live in a rural area you get used to driving a few miles to go a theatre, concert, good dinner, etc.

How was the Spindrift Inn Chicogirl? Did you take your mother(?) to the Japanese Garden?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

We are big fans of "Marzano's Pizza" and "Bread & Ocean" Bakery, both on Laneda in Manzanita. There's also a nice little wine bar called "Vino" just off Laneda at 4th. Hope you have a good visit!

Level Contributor
34,201 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

Down the coast a bit is the Nehalem River Inn which would also be a very nice choice for dinner. The scenery from Manzanita to Nehlam is really pretty. There is a street full of shops and antique stores that we like in Nehalem, also. Enjoy! :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,818 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

Tyre, it is doubtful you will ever get an answer to your question..some of us never have lol...

But the Stephanie Inn is in Cannon Beach , right? not Manzanita..just in case a poster asked for a particular town .. like Manzanita.

I second Bread & Ocean .. we stayed in Arch Cape for a couple of nights last fall and went to Manzanita for eats...I reeeally wanted to buy a house there...it is lovely, the people were very nice and the beauty of the area is breathtaking.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,818 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

Tyre, and everyone else, completely disregard what I posted about people answering questions...lol...I was mistaken in whom the remark was made to.

Duh LOL

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

I am not familar with the Stephanie Inn so was not commenting on that. Can not believe I left out Bread & Ocean, a wonderful place for baked goodies and deli sandwiches.

A less expensive restaurant in Wheeler is the Sea Shack. They draw a variety of customers so they have a wide menu range. We've had the fish & chips and specials. We've had good luck with the specials. The new chief owner Rick Metzler has been there since this past fall, he has merit, worth a try.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manzanita and the Oregon Coast

Trip report forthcoming, but grammy and cousin are keeping me busy! Note, several of the aforementioned places are for 21 and over only and I had a 16 yr old with me. Currents was out of Grandma's price range for the evening and she was insisting on payIng!