We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we stay in addiotn to POrtland for 7 days?

clarksville,md
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where should we stay in addiotn to POrtland for 7 days?

We will be going to Ore. at end of July for 7 days. We've driven the coast on a previous trip, so we'd like to spend apprx 3 days in Portland and then stay 3 days in another location, just to break things up. We were considering the wine country, even though it is close in. We like to hike and bike, but we won't have our own bikes. is it necessary to end the trip in Portland, since we will be flying out from there? All itinerary suggestions are welcome!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should we stay in addiotn to POrtland for 7 days?

Go to Bend? High Cascade mtns, many lakes some nice hikes.

McKenzie Pass, Newberry Crater are two highlights

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,107 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should we stay in addiotn to POrtland for 7 days?

I agree with phirl...go to Bend. I live right on the edge of our wine area, and one day is plenty for that. The Bend area is perfect for biking and hiking! I will bet that if you go, you will wish you had even more time there.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should we stay in addiotn to POrtland for 7 days?

I agree with the others - come to Bend. You can rent bikes at Hutch's for not a lot of money if that would interest you. There are lots of activities to enjoy here in Central Oregon. You could fly from Redmond to Portland to catch your flight, but I think you might have a problem dropping a rental car here that was rented in Portland.

4. Re: Where should we stay in addiotn to POrtland for 7 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, September 01, 2009