We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cedar point vs. king's island?

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
122 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
cedar point vs. king's island?

I've been to kings island about 20 years ago. never to cedar point.

going to ohio for family reunion and would like to take one day to an amusement park. Any thoughts? Thank you!!

lvs

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cedar point vs. king's island?

Cedar Point is the roller coaster capital of the world. If you like coasters, don't miss it. King's Island is very nice, but if you'll be in the Dayton area, check out instead or additionally the U.S. Air Force National Museum and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, depending upon your interests.

Enjoy Ohio!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cedar point vs. king's island?

If you are on a budget, kings island gives you admission to their water park as well. If you like roller coasters, def Cedar Point. If money and time isnt a big issue, I suggest staying at Hotel Breakers at cedar point.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cedar point vs. king's island?

Both are great, IMO. We get passes to Kings Island every year, but that's because welive in the area and don't have as much time to spend at Cedar Point.

Personally, I'd stay in Northern Ohio. There is SO much more to do for everyone versus SW Ohio (I'm trying not to be biased, because I was born and raised in one area, and have lived in the other for the last 8 years).

The bonus to Kings Island is the waterpark admission is included in the regular ticket price. At Cedar Point, if you want to go to the waterpark, you have to pay an additional admission. Kings Island used to have the best kids area as well. But ever since they got rid of the Hanna Barbara/Nickelodeon themes, my kids dont seem as enthused.

Both parks offer a plethora and variety of rides. But Sandusky also offers the Lake Erie Islands and Lake Erie itself. I suppose it all depends on your budget, and the ages of people attending. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. :-)

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
685 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cedar point vs. king's island?

I agree with Transendtal that the coasters at Cedar Point are a primary attraction. If max to the limit roller coasters aren't your thing, go to Kings Island.

However, Cedar Point is on Lake Erie with beautiful views and a pleasant setting. Because of the lake, temps are always cooler and a breeze is common.

I prefer Cedar Point, but agree that Kings Island is enjoyable for a more sedate experience.

5. Re: cedar point vs. king's island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 02, 2012