We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin OHio

Oak Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Berlin OHio

IS Berlin. Ohio a non commercialized area?

Are their nice views?

What are the views like in Souter Village in Archibold, Ohio?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,656 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin OHio

Berlin is pretty commericial in my opinion. The whole main strip is one after another shops.

However-- if you go outside of Berlin to Charm, you will find it much more quiet. The Gugglesberg Inn there is a nice little hotel-- sits alone with the country views before you.

What is it that you are looking for exactly? (no idea about Archibold)

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin OHio

Berlin is about as commercial as a town less than a mile long could be. The main road is SR 39 and there are a lot of shops on that road. However, it's an easy walk if you just park on the side of the street in town, get out, and make the loop. There are a few shops down a couple of side streets, but it really is pleasant. There is a Comfort Inn and a new hotel called Berlin Grande. Also, less than a mile out of town to the west on 39 are the Berlin Suites. If you google any of these places, you can look at them. Walnut Creek is about 5 - 6 miles to the east of Berlin and they have the Carlisle Inn and the Der Dutchman. The views from there are absolutely beautiful. There is another Carlisle Inn near Sugarcreek and it's pretty much out in the country. There is another restaurant there and the views there are also pretty. As wings stated, the Guggisburg Inn is in the country on the way to Charm. Also, on the way to Charm is a place called Holmes with a view that overlooks acres and acres of Amish farmland. Our family has been going to that area for the past 25 years and things have changed a lot, but we still haven't seen everything there is to see. Our favorite thing is to drive around the back roads and look at the beautifully manicured lawns, although, they probably call them "yards". I can feel my blood pressure drop several points by just breathing deeply and enjoying the slower pace. Love it, love it, love it!

As for Sauter Village, I'm not sure, but I believe it is a village that has been recreated as an historic site. Not sure......someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, two totally different things.

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin OHio

This may help http://www.saudervillage.com/home/default.asp

Also, try www.oacountry.com

As I stated previously, two totally different things. Berlin area is great. Sauder Village looks interesting.

4. Re: Berlin OHio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, October 16, 2012