We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald mining in North Carolina

pa
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Emerald mining in North Carolina

Looking to take a trip to North Carolina late October for Emerald/gem mining, to celebrate a 50th birthday. Want to go to an unsalted mine, where we can dig. Read some reviews on line and am wondering which of the following mines are a good choice:

Mason Ruby and Sapphire, Crab Tree Emerald Mine, Ray Mine, Gem Mountain, Cherokee Ruby, Rose Creek Mine, Elijah Mountain Gem and Emerald Hollow.

Also need suggestions for a B&B or lodging that would put us in close proximity to more than one mine. Thanks so much! Want to make this a special memorable occasion!

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emerald mining in North Carolina

Put "Emerald Mining in North Carolina" in Google and you will come up with several sites. By contacting those, you can find out where the closest B&B's are. Good Luck!

pa
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Emerald mining in North Carolina

Thank you

3. Re: Emerald mining in North Carolina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 26, 2015