We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cary

boston
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Cary

Just wondering if there are any recreational areas in Cary or surrounding? Lakes, bike trails, etc....how about the property taxes in the area? thank you for any input.

Mentioned in this post
Cary
Cary
North Carolina
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cary

We live in Raleigh which Cary is basically a suburb of. Our city & county property tax is.98% and there is so much to do in the area! There are 2 larger lakes in the area, many public parks, trails etc. For more info on Cary as well as the area go to : www.wakegov.com . I have lived here 20 years - moved from MI and love it! Best wishes to you and hope the info helps.

Mentioned in this post
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
Cary
Cary
North Carolina
Cary, NC
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cary

There's a big state park just across the highway from Cary. There's a big lake just west of there, Lake Jordan, with a nature preserve all around it.

Mentioned in this post
Cary
Cary
North Carolina
boston
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cary

sounds nice, on previous posts I have read there were concerns about the crime rate in Cary. I did look on a few websites and it did not look that bad to me compared with other areas. Maybe the population is larger in Cary, therefore higher crime rate? any neighborhoods to avoid??? thank you very much!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cary
Cary
North Carolina