We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

Annapolis, MD USA
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

Driving up to Boston this weekend--need to be downtown between 12 and 1pm. I'm thinking of making half the trip Friday night, staying in a hotel near the expressway, and continuing on in the morning. Am I better off just staying on 95 the whole way, or cutting west on 287 around Edison and re-connecting with 95 near White Plains? I'd probably stay in the Edison area Friday night. Just how bad is 95 through New York?

I appreciate any insights.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
White Plains
White Plains
Westchester County, NY
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,782 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

Avoid the George Washington Bridge (I-95) and take the Tappan Zee Bridge (I-287) instead. Rather than reconnecting to I-95, use the Hutchinson River Parkway/Merritt Parkway,/Wilbur Cross Parkway (CT 15) combination instead. Much more enjoyable drive and no trucks. You'll connect with I-91 north of New Haven.

You wouldn't want to take I-95 all the way to Boston in any event. I-91 to I-84 to the Mass Pike is a better route.

Mentioned in this post
George Washington Bridge
George Washington Bridge
348 Reviews
New York City, NY
Tappan Zee Bridge
Tappan Zee Bridge
188 Reviews
Tarrytown, NY
New Haven
New Haven
Connecticut
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Maine
Level Contributor
534 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

Agreed

Annapolis, MD USA
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

Thanks!

Annapolis, MD USA
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

Thanks!

5. Re: Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 07, 2015