We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal flight query - JFK to MCO return

Which New York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Internal flight query - JFK to MCO return

Dear all,

This is my first forum post and apologies if this topic has been done to death already!

My husband and I are planning our internal flights for August / September 2014, and wondered if anyone had any advice on the best value internal flight providers?

I'm looking to see the best value, including approx. baggage costs and if there is a recommend time to book to secure the best price?

All advice will be greatly appreciated - Thanks in advance

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internal flight query - JFK to MCO return

Check Jet Blue and Southwest. They may not appear on all search engines but have very good reputations.

Is there a reason you're limiting your choice of New York airports to JFK? Unless you have an arriving or departing continuing flight from JFK check all three New York area airports JFK, LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark (EWR.)

If you're visiting New York and planning to visit Orlando at the front end or back end of your trip, look into an open jaw ticket from England to New York and Orlando to England, or vice versa. You should be able to buy a low cost one way ticket between New York and Orlando.

Edited: 3:03 pm, December 22, 2013
Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internal flight query - JFK to MCO return

Thanks for the tips, will definitely check those out. We've already booked our flights from Heathrow to JFK, as it was more convenient which is why we're planning our internal flights this way but one to bear in mind for the future - thanks!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,040 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internal flight query - JFK to MCO return

It's best to go to a general booking site to compare prices. Airfares here vary tremendously, and a carrier that is cheap for one route might be expensive for another. And often when a lower cost carrier starts flying a particular route, other airlines drop their prices to match.

The only airline that I know of that doesn't list with the major airline search engines is Southwest, but they are only good for certain routes. For others, they may be more expensive. It's complicated :-)

I like Kayak.com for comparing hotel prices from various sites, but I've been a bit disappointed with the site for air travel. Go ahead and check Kayak, but I've found Expedia to be perfectly good for surveying flight costs on various airlines. Never had a problem booking with them either, or you could go ahead and book directly on the airline site once you nail down your plans.

Edited: 12:22 am, December 24, 2013
4. Re: Internal flight query - JFK to MCO return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 26, 2014