We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark to JFK

13 posts
Save Topic
Newark to JFK

Have a flight arriving Newark at 12:30 pm on Thanksgiving day and needing to catch a flight out of JFK departing at 5:30 pm. Originally thought traffic might be lighter on Thanksgiving Day, but then remembered about the parade in Manhattan. Public Transport may not be a great idea. I understand a cab will be very expensive, but might be the best bet. Thoughts or things I don't know?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark to JFK

Not sure y u say public trans is not a good option, ck mta.info for closures or construction, due to parade crossing over manhattan w car could b difficult. N u only have limited time, 3 hours if u catching domestic flight.

Easiest n costly is to take a cab , since u will have a lot of transfers.

13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark to JFK

Thank you, I was thinking that we should avoid having to go into Manhattan and taking the trains due to the parade. We'll try arranging a car rental.

3. Re: Newark to JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 26, 2014